People are at the heart of what we do.
We are looking to recruit an Activities Co-ordinator to join the Robert Harvey House in Birmingham. Working 30 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days.
We want people who believe that the little things matter and will work together with our team to provide the best support for our residents. We want to provide a high standard of care and ensure that both physical and emotional needs are meet.
We’re BCOP, a charity that’s been providing care and support to the older people of Birmingham for the last 75 years. We own three nursing homes and several housing schemes for older people in the city.
All three of our nursing homes have great local reputations - BCOP was given a carehome.co.uk 'Top 20 Recommended Small Care Home Group' award for the West Midlands in 2020. We use an electronic care planning system so you can spend more time caring for residents and less time on paperwork.
We know that little things matter and really get to know each resident as an individual. No matter what their role, every member of staff works together to provide the best possible support for our residents.
This post is subject to satisfactory enhanced disclosure.
Some of the main duties include, but not limited to:
- To prepare and distribute a weekly programme of activities/events to each resident
- Prepare and display posters for all visitors to see in reception area
- Encourage residents to attend events and organise their transfer to the venue
- Advise staff prior to the event of the details of requirements
- Confirm details with outside entertainers, and liaise with the General Manager
- Organise prizes for events if required
- Maintain good contacts with the community
- Liaise with trained staff with regards to client needs, and attend a handover report each day
- To organise fund raising
- To organise events of special occasions, e.g., Birthdays, Easter, Summer Fete, Christmas Festivities
- To be aware of, and take account of different cultures and religious needs/beliefs when organising activities
- To document all services provided to the individual client, to be able to evidence such activities
- We’re looking for someone who share our values, who are focused on enriching the lives of our residents every day and enjoy working in a team
- You will be a self-motivated and organised individual
- You will work shifts, Monday-Sunday on a rota basis
- You preferably have experience as an activities coordinator
- You may have experience of working in a care home, particularly with Dementia
Benefits you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Free membership into our company health cash plan
- Enhanced annual leave for length of service
- Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping