We’re BCOP, a charity that’s been providing care and support to the older people of Birmingham for the last 75 years. We own three nursing homes and several housing schemes for older people in the city.
All three of our nursing homes have great local reputations - BCOP was given a carehome.co.uk 'Top 20 Recommended Small Care Home Group' award for the West Midlands in 2020 and Anita Stone Court received ‘Top 20 Recommended Care Home’ in the West Midlands. We use an electronic care planning system so you can spend more time caring for residents and less time on paperwork.
We know that little things matter and really get to know each resident as an individual. No matter what their role, every member of staff works together to provide the best possible support for our residents.
You’ll have an NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care (Adults) or higher and you may have experience of working in a care home, but this is not a requirement.
We’re looking for carers who share our values, who are focused on enriching the lives of our residents every day and enjoy working in a team.
You will work shifts, Monday-Sunday on a rota basis.
We are shortlisting candidates as applications are received.
- To answer the main door and telephones, greeting all residents, visitors and other professionals in a polite and courteous manner.
- Assist all residents as requested or required to meet their individual needs in personal tasks, such as washing, dressing, bathing, respecting the dignity, privacy and choice of the resident at all times.
- Serve residents meals and assist residents with feeding when required.
- To ensure every aspect of the residents' care is given, i.e. oral hygiene, glasses,
hearing aid etc.
- Encourage and assist residents to maintain outside interests and hobbies and
encourage new interest.
Please see the job description for more details.
NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care (Adults) or higher
All employed posts benefit from a BHSF health insurance plan, employee health & wellbeing scheme, pension scheme and additional annual leave following long service.
All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure being carried out by the DBS and will include a check against the adult barred list. BCOP are committed to equality of opportunity.
BCOP does not want to be contacted by recruitment agencies in relation to any of our vacancies. Speculative CVs or proposals from any agency or third party outside of our instruction will be treated as gifts.