We’re BCOP, a charity that’s been providing care and support to the older people of Birmingham for the last 75 years. We own three nursing homes and several housing schemes for older people in the city.
All three of our nursing homes have great local reputations - BCOP was given a carehome.co.uk 'Top 20 Recommended Small Care Home Group' award for the West Midlands in 2020 and Anita Stone Court received ‘Top 20 Recommended Care Home’ in the West Midlands. We have around 245 employees of which 90% are based in the nursing care homes.
We’re looking for an HR Advisor who shares our values, and who has the right knowledge, skills and experience to provide an effective and efficient HR service. You will work closely with our external HR Advisory consultants and respond flexibly to the changing needs of the organisation. This is an important role in which you will work closely with managers and staff across the organisation.
You will have:
- Up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Experience of working in a HR support role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the HR function and its role within a diverse and multi-site organisation.
We are shortlisting candidates as applications are received.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of BCOP’s HR Strategy and Workforce Development Plan.
- Provide routine HR support services to managers and staff in line with BCOP’s contracted HR Advisory service, and organisational policies and procedures
- Organise and ensure the effective delivery of staff training to improve the quality of our services and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Please see the job description for more details.
Due to Government's requirements, the postholder will need to be double vaccinated against Covid-19, or be certified as medically exempt, to take up this role.
Recognised HR Qualification e.g. CIPD, or equivalent
All employed posts benefit from a BHSF health insurance plan, employee health & wellbeing scheme, pension scheme and additional annual leave following long service.
All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure being carried out by the DBS and will include a check against the adult barred list. BCOP are committed to equality of opportunity.
BCOP does not want to be contacted by recruitment agencies in relation to any of our vacancies. Speculative CVs or proposals from any agency or third party outside of our instruction will be treated as gifts.