We’re BCOP, a charity that’s been providing care and support to the older people of Birmingham for the last 75 years. We own three nursing homes and several housing schemes for older people in the city.
All three of our nursing homes have great local reputations - BCOP was given a carehome.co.uk 'Top 20 Recommended Small Care Home Group' award for the West Midlands in 2020 and Anita Stone Court received ‘Top 20 Recommended Care Home’ in the West Midlands. We use an electronic care planning system so you can spend more time caring for residents and less time on paperwork.
We know that little things matter and really get to know each resident as an individual. No matter what their role, every member of staff works together to provide the best possible support for our residents.
You’ll be a Registered Nurse (RNN/RMN/RNLD) with a valid PIN.
You may have experience of working in a care home, but this is not a requirement.
We’re looking for nurses who share our values, who are focused on enriching the lives of our residents every day and able to lead and inspire Nurse Associates, Senior Carers and Carers within the home.
You will work day shifts, 3 days a week, Monday-Sunday on a rota basis.
We are shortlisting candidates as applications are received.
- To support the manager and care manager in the provision of person-centred care, ensuring the individual needs of residents are identified, and met at all times.
- To provide a high standard of nursing care that meets the needs of residents based on an assessment of their care needs.
- To ensure effective lines of communication with all external medical professionals
- To ensure that all medication including controlled drugs are ordered, stored, administered and disposed of in line with guidelines and regulations.
- To act as the Named Nurse for a group of residents, leading a group of Key Working Carers.
- To give guidance, support, and direction to all care staff during the length of your shift
- To give and receive verbal and written reports on residents and adhere to quality assurance systems.
Registered General Nurse, with valid NMC PIN.
Reimbursement for NMC pin renewal, with an additional 10% pay for working weekends and bank holidays.
All employed posts benefit from a BHSF health insurance plan, employee health & wellbeing scheme, pension scheme and additional annual leave following long service.
All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure being carried out by the DBS and will include a check against the adult barred list. BCOP are committed to equality of opportunity.
BCOP does not want to be contacted by recruitment agencies in relation to any of our vacancies. Speculative CVs or proposals from any agency or third party outside of our instruction will be treated as gifts.